We have pre Opti Nationals training dates set for July 21-22 with coach Leigh Kempton. If your team is not arriving early or you are not team racing and would like to get a couple extra days of practice in on site we have open spaces for those dates. Contact us if you are interested.
With growing demand I have added a second coach, Scott Norman, to the Holiday Clinic at the US Sailing Center Martin County in Jensen Beach, FL. We will sail December 20-23. There are several openings left. Contact for info.
We will be training October 8-10 at Cabrillo Beach YC in preparation for the USODA Spring Teams Qualifier, and have some open spots for any sailors whose teams won’t be in California until later in the week. Can do one, two, or all three days. Contact for availability and pricing.
The Optimist practice and regatta schedule has been updated through the beginning of March. Everything through the beginning of February is set, there may be changes to the late February and early March dates.
We will be hosting our 3rd annual Holiday Opti Clinic December 20-24. This year we are moving it from Miami to the US Sailing Center Martin County in Jensen Beach, FL. Partial attendance is ok and additional dates prior to the 20th are available as well. Please contact for price and additional details.
Last Sunday we had a ton of breeze on Bellport Bay, but the smallest of our sailors didn’t give up and ended up learning a ton. Best yet they had huge smiles when they came off the water and were all so proud of their accomplishments.
In conjunction with Annapolis Yacht Club Junior sailing we are hosting a scrimmage regatta March 9-10 in Annapolis. It is open to other sailors and teams but space is limited. Contact me through the contact page if you are interested.
Notice of Race (Version1 2/7/13)
1. Competitors meeting 9am Sat and Sun, check-in 8:30am Sat, First race time to be determined at competitors meeting
2. Entry Fee – none, Non AYC or SailStrong sailors register by contacting Peter Strong, pre-registration required, no on-site registration. Space limited to 45 boats
3. All sailors required to have a coach on the water, coaching permitted during racing, and can be provided if needed.
4. Results will be taken and posted, but no awards for them. Three standout sailors from the weekend will be awarded by voting from the coaches.
5. Debriefs after sailing each day. 6. Drysuits Mandatory